Sunday, November 7, 2010

Contentment from the Mountain..

I've been strangely happy lately. Well maybe not happy but content. And I think content is a fabulous thing to be. Yesterday I went with my mom to visit my brother in rehab. I was terrified honestly. I had nooo idea what to expect. It was a super nice place. There were actually normal people there. I didn't know normal people went to places like rehab. The set up was nice and he's gained weight and seems so much happier and normal. I actually had a conversation with him and he was present. It was refreshing.
I also went to my cousin's house warming yesterday. His house and land are gorgeoussssss. I'm insanely jealous. I'm happy for him though. Apparently I'm old enough now that the fam doesn't ignore me anymore. I got to be involved in conversations. I had one aunt who actually talked to me for over an hour. Pretty exciting stuff. Haha
Today, in between classes, I decided to drive around. I tried finding Jacksonville Mountain the other day when I was riding around
An old house and grist mill in Jacksonville.
I'm kind of in love with them. =)
and couldn't, but I found it today! It was so pretty! I was soooo happy up on the mountain overlooking the gorgeoussss view of Jacksonville. It hit me hard that I could be that happy all alone. It made me hopeful that eventually I'll be ok again. And I can survive on my on. I miss the always having someone, but the alone time isn't so bad. Not that I want to be alone forever but I can handle alone in the short term.
Beautiful views from the mountain

0 comments: